Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Alpha v2.0 (and other quandaries)

I was playing with the idea calling him Go Live (just could not bring myself to call a beta, well you know, Beta) so I have decided on Apha 2, nickname A2. When spoken, it sounds like "et tu" (and you in French) so it stayed. I am pleased to say A2 has been eating healthily and is very active so I think he will stick around.

Endy. Major commotion with him. He is becoming more unpredictable and last week attacked a dog. It was not that he was gunning for the dog, he was actually being very nice and then snapped. Of course he had snuck out of the front door and luckily I got to him before he caused injuries. The other dog's owner was furious, and I don't blame her. 

After the last set of evaluations with the vet, we discussed at what point we would put him down. I made the appointment last week to have him put down and started to prepare my son. Well, I can't do it just yet. I know we drew a line in the sand so we would have guidance for the time; we are at that line but my gut says no. Am I being irresponsible? 

He had another couple of seizures last night and most of the time he is his wonderful self. It is the unpredictability that is the problem. It was my fault he got out but he has been snapping at the cats and got fur from Murphy. So we are going to do more evaluations this week-end. The decision to put Nyla down, while not easy, was clear. She was having more bad days than good. Endy has mostly good days but unpredictability. I wish I had a clear sign. 

Here is my son and his dog. What would you do? (That is Ashley, the queen all there is, on the sofa thinking Endy is crazy!)



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful face and a tough heartbreaking decision.I am sure you will do what is best, I do not envy you this choice . Hugs

    ReplyDelete