Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

And my boy is in Oxford

It has been a while since I posted but I am pleased to say my son is safely settled in his dorm room at Oxford. I was kind of a nervous wreck - not only is this the first time I have sent him away for an extended period of time, but sending him overseas had the be the first place? What was I thinking? I was thinking it would be a wonderfully educational experience (he is studying mathematics, physics, biology, photography and debate) and they have a great program for kids his age (12 - 15). We have spoken a couple of times since he has been there. The first was last night to make sure we were watching the soccer game and the second was this morning because his credit card was not working.

He sounded so happy so my anxiety is pretty much gone. I will say the house was way too quiet over the week-end; I even contemplated Skyping some of his friends. But speaking with him made me feel really good so I am hanging in there.

I will be picking him up at the end of July - I am going a few days early so I can enjoy England. Hubby can't go because he started a new job and does not have enough time accrued. (Boooo!).

Hug your imaginary horse today! I am imagining hugging my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment