Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

If my body is a temple...

then I feel like it is The Temple of Doom.

I have been fighting fatigue for the past couple of years. I finally convinced my doctor to change my prescription from Synthroid to Armour (I had to have my thyroid removed in 2006). While things have improved a little in the fatigue area, I am still very tired a lot. This has not done much for my waste line - but THAT is another topic. I hope that she will consider upping the Armour during my visit with her tomorrow.

This week-end wore me out! Friday night, my son had his school concert - home at 9:30 pm. Saturday morning, he was in the Math Olympiads at school and I was a proctor for one of the rooms. Up at 6 am, at school at 8 am, 3 hours of testing and monitoring. I stress during this time because I want to make sure that I do things correctly so the kids do not get disqualified in my area. During the individual competition, I had two students wright their answers on the wrong sheet - luckily the judge allowed them to transfer the answers to the answer sheet. I kept on having to explain to the boy just the answer only because he was asking me questions. It was his first tournament and started getting really rattled; I noticed his handwriting was great and complimented him and that seemed to calm him down.

Math Olympiads ended at 12 and we ran home, took showers and got dressed up for my son's second concert at Loyola University. His rehearsal was at 1 pm, his call time was at 2 pm and the concert started at 3 pm. I had a parents meeting at 1:30 pm for the Greater New Orleans Youth Orchestra. The concert was wonderful and kind of bitter sweet. My son has been so stressed out with not clicking with his new violin teacher and everything that has happened last year (my grandmother's, his father's and my cousin's  death) so we have decided to honor his request to take a year off from GNOYO and try to start back up with his original teacher.

From the GNOYO concert, we went directly to watch one of his best friends play in a band for a set. His friend has had a rough couple of years and 6th grade has been brutal for him. I normally would have said it is too much, but it meant so much to both the boys that we ran from Loyola to the Marrero. We got there at 5:30 and his friend played around 6 pm. He was wonderful - he recently took up the bass guitar and was asked by the band to play. I got the chance to catch up with his mom, who is an angel masquerading as a human here on earth and his grandmother. They were so touched that we came to watch him, knowing the days we had. We left there after 7 pm and got home at 8 pm. It took me a little while to get to sleep.

5:00 am this morning, Endy needed to go out. So I hauled myself up, let him out and then laid back down...and woke up at 4 pm! I literally slept the whole day. All the things that I was supposed to do didn't get done and now I am getting ready to go back to bed.

Temple of Doom - do too much and I die!

Well, at least the imaginary horse had a fun day of grazing and relaxation - and there is always next week-end.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief! that is a busy time. Well if you slept that long you must have needed it , hope you find your zip again soon. rest well, and take care

    ReplyDelete