Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Packing Up

Well, with the storm coming, we are packing up. The plan is that I will take Conor (my boy), my mom and my elderly cousin Rodney to my uncles place in Arkansas. We are not sure what Pat's company will do yet. I will take the cats to Pat's parents tomorrow and then leave with my humans, Endy, Geico and the aquatics very early Tuesday morning. I have rented a trailer for mom's medical equipment so I feel in pretty good shape. Even without a direct hit, the chance of losing power is very high and my mother is fully dependent on oxygen at this point. I also can't worry about a medical emergency in the middle of this and not being able to get to a hospital if my mom has an issue.

Since 2002, I have evacuated 4 times: Lilli, Ivan, Katrina, and Gustov. I still get the same feeling when I try to figure out what to bring and what to leave. I know we will probably be back but I learned after Katrina not to expect to be back. It is a very strange feeling, and you figure out very quickly when you are running out of space. It is very strange.

So that is it for now. I will be up to my eyeballs running around until this is done. Just know that my family, including furry, reptilian and aquatic beasties will remain safe. Safe driving everyone. Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment