Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mini, the blogging cat

Mini, mini, mini. I am trying to keep up but she keeps on trying to walk on the keyboard. She is in one of her "love me" moods and is giving me sweet eyes as we speak. Makes it kind of hard to concentrate.

It is quiet today. The boy is with his father for the week so my husband and I have empty nest syndrome. I think I do more than he does. We spent the week before Christmas off as a family and while I was sick, I at least was with them and loved every minute of it. I wish we did not have to work so we could do this all the time. I don't mean we would be incredibly rich, just that we had the means so we could both be stay at home parents.

Anyway, this was Ashley's first Christmas. So far she has only broken one nutcracker and no ornaments. Which is incredible considering she loves to climb in the tree. I know, I need to get updated pictures of the crew but today is the first day in 8 days that I have felt descent.

This was a great Christmas, the boy got everything on his list...which was not very long - he told me he pretty much has everything he wants. Pretty good for an 11 year old! He and I were able to surprise my hubby with sets of Uncirculated and Proofs from his birth year. It was really fun. My inlaws were apalled at the amount spent on my son - they wanted to spend more! I had purchased their gifts from Best Buy because I had a coupon that would allow me to get a gift card based on the amount I spent. So they decided to add the rest in cash. Too funny! They make my heart warm.

Christmas at my mom's was nice. I got to see my cousin's beautiful baby - she and I are the only ones who have had children and so it has been 10 years without a baby for Christmas. It was great. She is 10 months old and was enthralled with my son. He did not know what to do so he made faces at her which she loved! I did have a couple of moments where I thought about the two that I lost. I could not help but think that my sweet cousin's baby should have a year old to play with and we should have another infant around. I wished my two angels Merry Christmas - I kind of feel like they are with me when I see my cousin's little one.

Anyway, hug your little ones, big ones, and, of course, your imaginary horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment